Information Technology Intern assignments provide practical opportunities to apply concepts and skills learned through the college curriculum to the business environment.
First-time internship assignments will typically be at our Bartlesville, Oklahoma office. Subsequent opportunities are generally available in either our Bartlesville, Oklahoma or Houston, Texas offices. Typical length of our internships varies from 10 to 14 weeks based on the project and your availability.
Responsibilities may include:
• Developing software applications for business use
• Collaborating with teams to solve challenging problems
• Utilizing and implementing new technologies to provide business solutions
• Implementing and securing complex network systems
• Learning and applying programming/development tools and techniques
• Providing system configuration and installations
• Developing business tools for data analysis
At ConocoPhillips innovation and excellence create a platform for opportunity and growth. We are the world’s largest independent Exploration and Production company and we don’t hire just the GPA, we hire the person who earned it.
We strive to represent and reflect the global communities in which we live and work. To deliver superior performance, we create an inclusive environment that respects the contributions and differences of every individual. We believe that diverse opinions, ideas and perspectives are what fuels innovation throughout our company, and we all play a role in giving our company a competitive business advantage.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1) and will not need sponsorship now or in the future
• Pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Management Information Systems or related field
• Current level in college: Freshman through Senior
• Expected graduation date: Fall 2019 through Spring/Fall 2022
• A minimum of ten (10) continuous weeks availability for internship
• A minimum cumulative and major GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
• Previous internships or co-ops in an energy related field
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to generate effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
• Ability to invite dialogue to gain a shared understanding and influences with confidence to drive performance and achieve business results
• Demonstrates an understanding of how key financial and quantitative indicators impact the business