Responsibilities & Qualifications
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate for our Data & Analytics Engineer – Data Engineering for AI practice.
While this requisition may state a specific geographic office, please note that our positions are location flexible between our major hubs. Opportunities may include, but are not limited to, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, New York City, Orange County, Philadelphia, Seattle, Washington DC. Please proceed with applying here, and let us know your location preference during interview phase if applicable.
• Rapidly prototype, develop, and optimize Data & Analytics (D&A) implementations to tackle the BI/EDW/Big Data and Data Science needs for a variety of Fortune 1000 corporations and other major organizations.
• Develop and maintain D&A solutions on premise/cloud/KPMG-hosted/hybrid infrastructure. Be the team champion of some mainstream BI/EDW/Big Data toolsets like Tableau, Alteryx, Informatica, Pentaho, Er-Win, and Power Designer.
• Play the role of data owner in cross-disciplinary teams. Build logical/physical data models.
• Discover, profile, acquire, process, model, and own data for the solutions. Implement data processing pipelines, data mining/science algorithms, and visualization engineering to help clients distill insights from rich data sources, including social media, news, internal/external documents, emails, financial data, client data, and operational data.
• Help in research and experiment of leading/emerging BI/EDW/Big Data methodologies, such as serverless data lake, AWS Redshift, Athena, Glue, GCP BigQuery, and MS PowerBI and apply them to real client solutions.
• From data engineering point of view, help in the process for pursuing innovations, target solutions, and extendable platforms for Lighthouse, KPMG, and client.
• Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Physics, Operations Research, or related fields with 1+ years of relevant data engineering experience in related industries preferred, preferably professional services.
• Ability to pick up and learn new technologies quickly. Experience or knowledge of RDBMS design, data modeling, MPP EDW system implementation.
• Hands-on experience and knowledge in: BI/EDW/Big Data toolsets (Tableau, Alteryx, Informatica, Pentaho, Er-Win, and Power Designer); Linux/Unix/Windows/.NET. Market-leading fluency of SQL and several programming languages (Bash/ksh/PowerShell; Python/Perl/R).
• Hands-on experience and knowledge in distributed computing architecture, massive-parallel processing big data platforms like Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS, Spark, Hive/Impala, H-Base/MongoDB/Casandra, Teradata/Netezza/Redshift etc.
• Hands-on experience or knowledge in mainstream cloud infrastructures: AWS, MS Azure and GCP; their D&A related Microservices; ability to implement data lake and serverless data lake.
• Ability to travel up to 80% of the time.
• Targeted graduation Fall 2018 through Summer 2019
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.