Responsibilities & Qualifications
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate for our Data & Analytics Modeler– AI Platforms and NLP practice.
While this requisition may state a specific geographic office, please note that our positions are location flexible between our major hubs. Opportunities may include, but are not limited to, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, New York City, Orange County, Philadelphia, Seattle, Washington DC. Please proceed with applying here, and let us know your location preference during interview phase if applicable.
• Work in multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams to translate business objectives into artificial intelligence approaches and objectives; capture business domains into knowledge bases, taxonomies, and ontologies across areas such as risk management, financial services, mergers and acquisitions, and public policy.
• Work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with both virtual and face-to-face interactions; utilize structured approaches to solving problems, managing risks, and documenting assumptions; communicate results and educate others through insightful visualizations, reports and presentations.
• Build ingestion processes to, prepare, extract, and annotate a rich data variety of unstructured data sources such as social media, news, internal/external documents, images, video, voice, emails, financial data, and operational data.
• Leverage a variety of tools and approaches to solve complex business objectives, from Statistical Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval/Extraction, Machine Learning/Deep Learning, Image Processing, Rules Engines, Knowledge Graphs, and Semantic Search.
• Deliver on engagement milestones by following analytics processes to mitigate risks in data, modeling, validation, and delivery; manage assumptions, and risks, and work with others to clear issues.
• Refactor deploy and validate models; work with clients iteratively to validate performance metrics, and sample output to drive towards a business-first solution; utilize APIs, platforms, containers, multi-threading, distributed processing to achieve throughput goals.
• Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in a quantitative discipline, such as Computer Science, Engineering, Linguistics, Mathematics or related fields preferred.
• 1 year of training specific to artificial intelligence preferred.
• 2+ years of prior experience working in teams of data & analytics professionals to deliver on business-driven analytics projects preferred. Solid experience across the modeling process from data discovery, cleaning, model selection, validation, and deployment; multidisciplinary backgrounds preferred.
• Ability to apply artificial intelligence techniques to achieve concrete business goals; ability to work with the business to understand available resources and constraints around data (sources, integrity, and definitions), processing platforms, and security; provide assistance, and resolve problems, using solid problem-solving skills, verbal/written communication.
• Understanding of data preparation, machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing; ability to discuss pros and cons of modeling approaches; understanding of development practices such as testing, code design, complexity, and code optimization.
• Fluency in Python; proficiency in AI related frameworks such as NLTK, Spacy, Scikit-Learn, Tensorflow; and experience with platforms such as Google Cloud, Azure, and AWS; ability to work with a variety of databases such as SQL, ElasticSearch, Solr, Neo4j.
• Ability to travel up to 80% of the time.
• Targeted graduation Fall 2018 through Summer 2019
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.