Responsibilities & Qualifications
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate for our Data & Analytics Modeler– ML Pipelines for AI practice.
While this requisition may state a specific geographic office, please note that our positions are location flexible between our major hubs. Opportunities may include, but are not limited to, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, New York City, Orange County, Philadelphia, Seattle, Washington DC. Please proceed with applying here, and let us know your location preference during interview phase if applicable.
• Work in multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams to translate business objectives into artificial intelligence approaches and objectives; strong aptitude for quickly learning business operational, process, delivery, and revenue models.
• Work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with both virtual and face-to-face interactions; utilize structured approaches to solving problems, managing risks, and documenting assumptions; communicate results and educate others through insightful visualizations, reports, and presentations.
• Assess, capture, and translate issues and requirements into structured analytics use case, including rapid learning of industry/domain/client dynamics and development of effective work stream plans.
• Build ingestion processes to prepare, extract, and enrich a variety of structured and unstructured data sources such as social media, news, internal/external documents, images, video, voice, emails, financial data, and operational data.
• Utilize a hypothesis-driven problem-solving approach to design, construct, and rapidly test/iterate exploratory models that will reveal insight and opportunities for the client while proactively broadening and deepening client relationships.
• Deliver on engagement milestones by following analytics processes to mitigate risks in data, modeling, validation, and delivery; manage assumptions, and risks, and work with others to clear issues.
• Bachelors, Master’s or PhD in an applied quantitative discipline such as Data Science, Analytics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics preferred; or other BS/MS/PhD with equivalent work experience involving modeling (regression, machine learning, feature selection, dimension reduction, validation), data (extracting, preparing, munging, validating), and building analytics pipelines.
• Expertise in design and building of machine learning pipelines, including data extraction, feature engineering from structured and unstructured data preferred. Experience with the entire software development lifecycle, knowledge of software development methodologies, frameworks, tools, and technical architecture.
• Ability to apply artificial intelligence techniques to achieve concrete business goals; ability to work with the business to understand available resources and constraints around data (sources, integrity, and definitions), processing platforms, and security; provide assistance, and resolve problems, using solid problem-solving skills, verbal/written communication, and data visualizations.
• Broad, versatile knowledge of analytics and data science landscape, combined with strong business consulting acumen, enabling the identification, design and deployment of optimal machine learning solutions.
• Proficiency with sophisticated analytics tools and programming languages (SAS, R, Python, Java, Spark, Hadoop, Alteryx, SQL); Proficiency with data visualization tools (Tableau, QlikView, etc.).
• Ability to travel up to 80% of the time.
• Targeted graduation Fall 2018 through Summer 2019
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.