Responsibilities & Qualifications
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate for our Data & Analytics Modeler– Optimization and Simulation for AI practice.
While this requisition may state a specific geographic office, please note that our positions are location flexible between our major hubs. Opportunities may include, but are not limited to, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, New York City, Orange County, Philadelphia, Seattle, Washington DC. Please proceed with applying here, and let us know your location preference during interview phase if applicable.
• Help bridge the gap between technical modeling needs (i.e., data science) and business issues skewing toward data science; also bring big data engineering capabilities which play an important utility role in helping to manage overall solutions.
• Assess, capture, and translate complex business issues and requirements into structured analytics use case, including rapid learning of industry/domain/client dynamics and development of effective work stream plans while managing KPMG resources to drive engagements to successful closure.
• Research and communicate sector or process-specific data and Data & Analytics (D&A) solution design requirements, including building such design requirements into targeted visualizations.
• Build analytics solution modeling logic within a variety of analytics tools and on a variety of big data platforms as required by the client, creating robust documentation of solutions and underlying design decisions.
• Deliver client project modeling work stream through direct ownership of data integration, validation, mining, and modeling, as well as client communication deliverables.
• Utilize a hypothesis-driven problem-solving approach to design, construct, and rapidly test/iterate exploratory models that will reveal insight and opportunities for the client.
• Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD from an accredited college or university in Operations Research, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, or related field preferred
• 1+ years of data analytics experience within a professional services firm, an internal strategy/analytics group, or similar environment with previous experience in strategy and/or analytics consulting highly preferred.
• Proficiency in data analysis packages (e.g. R, SAS, Matlab), programming languages (e.g. C++, Python, Ruby) as well as the ability to implement, maintain, debug, and test; experience in commercial optimization solvers (e.g. CPLEX, Gurobi, Xpress).
• Strong communication skills, able to explain technical concepts to business audiences, and explain business concepts to technical resources across both client and KPMG teams.
• Demonstrated ability of understanding engagement objective, to include an understanding of the clients' business problem and how the engagement helps address it; knowledge of or strong aptitude for understanding business, operational, process, delivery, and revenue models.
• Ability to travel up to 80% of the time.
• Targeted graduation Fall 2018 through Summer 2019
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.