Responsibilities & Qualifications
• Assist client(s) in understanding the Data & Analytics (D&A) journey from a high level, as well as its implications
• Participate in the process of designing a solution and the development of the D&A strategy
• Assess, capture, and translate complex business issues and requirements into a structured analytics use case, including rapid learning of industry/domain/client dynamics and development of effective work stream plans.
• Participate in work streams within the team by developing, implementing, testing analytics models and visualizations, and formulating and testing hypotheses.
• Participate in client and market information gathering through interviews, surveys, workshops, and market research. Continuously develop knowledge of emerging technology and analytics techniques
• Understand and articulate technology options available in data management and manipulation, analytics development, requirements, data science options, and preferences for visualizations within sector of specialization.
• Contribute to the successful execution of engagements or projects by raising risks and working as a strong team member. Liaise with technical and subject matter specialists to refine and validate proposed approaches.
• Knowledge of a consulting environment, an internal strategy/analytics group, or similar atmosphere. Capability of operating in a team environment with high expectations.
• Pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university in a technical or quantitative field. Master’s or MBA degree preferred.
• Working knowledge of topics such as statistics, econometrics, machine learning, operations research, decision science, and cloud computing.
• Sector and/or process-specific knowledge in D&A, including strategy and transformation, design and implementation; understanding of general landscape for data science and big data opportunities; deeper understanding of sector and/or process-specific landscape for opportunities
• Ability to communicate effectively at an analyst level and an emerging ability to communicate at an executive level, across multiple lines of business including IT, analytics and direct business units
• Strong written and communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts and analytics-driven findings to business people, and to explain business processes, concepts, challenges, and issues to technical resource.
• Ability to travel up to 80% of the time.
• Target graduation Fall 2019 through Summer 2020
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.