Declaration of a Minor - Policies and Eligibility:
- Must be in good academic standing (Student is not on academic warning or probation; is maintaining satisfactory academic progress.)
- Must have successfully completed CS 1301 or CS 1315 or CS 1371 with a grade of “B” or higher
- Must have successfully completed CS 1331 with a grade of “B” or higher
- Must have successfully completed mathematics through Calculus III if applying for the Computational Data Analysis minor
- Must have successfully completed mathematics through Differential Equations if applying for the Scientific Engineering and Computing minor
- Must have a minimum of 48 credit hours remaining (not including minor prerequisites and required coursework) in your major degree requirements, as seat availability in CS courses are limited
- Students pursuing a Mathematics major may not select the Theory minor
- Students pursuing a Computer Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering major may not select the Devices or Information Internetworks minors
- Students pursuing an Industrial Engineering major may not select Computational Data Analysis minor
- Students pursuing a Computer Engineering major (catalog year 2021-2022 and later) may not select any CS minor
The spring 2021 CS minor application has now closed. All spring 2021 CS minor interest meetings have now ended. No interest meetings are held during the summer. Fall 2021 interest meeting dates will be posted by phase II registration along with the online CS minor application.
Summer 2021 Computer Science Undergraduate Helpdesk
The CoC undergraduate advising team will host a virtual helpdesk for undergraduate students needing assistance with computer science and computational media questions and concerns. Students may use this link to access this virtual space during the entire summer semester, weekends and holidays excluded.
Summer 2021 Virtual Helpdesk Hours
Tuesday, May 18th – Friday, August 6th
Tuesday & Thursday – 9:00 am – 12:00 pm & 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm EST
Friday – 9:00 am – 12:00 pm EST
Students must arrive by 11:45 am and 3:45 pm in order to receive assistance during that timeframe.