Declaration of a Minor - Policies and Eligibility:
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must have successfully completed CS 1301 or CS 1315 or CS 1371 with a grade of “B” or higher
- Must have successfully completed CS 1331 with a grade of “B” or higher
- Must have successfully completed mathematics through Calculus III if applying for the Computational Data Analysis minor
- Must have successfully completed mathematics through Differential Equations if applying for the Scientific & Engineering Computing minor
- Must have a minimum of 48 credit hours remaining (not including CS 1331, additional prerequisites, and required minor coursework) in your major degree requirements, as seat availability in CS courses are limited
- Students pursuing a Mathematics major may not select the Theory minor
- Students pursuing a Computer Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering major may not select the Devices or Information Internetworks minors
- Students pursuing an Industrial Engineering major may not select Computational Data Analysis minor
The Computer Science (CS) online application includes 19 questions and may take approximately 5-10 minutes to successfully complete through a personal computer or portable device. Although the application is online, students must still complete the undergraduate change of minor form, which must be signed by the student and primary major advisor. This signed form must be uploaded to the online application in order for the application to be considered complete and reviewed for acceptance. Please note, the CS minor advisor will not sign the undergraduate change of minor form until a student is accepted into the CS minor program. Please use the link below to view a sample form.
*Forms must be dated when signed.
The CS minor application will be available from 12:00 am on Monday, January 6th through 11:59 pm on Friday, February 28th. Students who apply will receive an email notification no sooner than Friday, March 6th explaining the status of their application.
Please use the link below to access the CS minor application for spring 2020.
Spring 2020 interest meetings will be held at 11:00 am – 11:45 am in Klaus, classroom 2456.