Declaration of a Minor - Policies and Eligibility:
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must have successfully completed CS 1301 or CS 1315 or CS 1371 with a grade of “B” or higher
- Must have successfully completed CS 1331 with a grade of “B” or higher
- Must have successfully completed mathematics through Calculus III if applying for the Computational Data Analysis minor
- Must have successfully completed mathematics through Differential Equations if applying for the Scientific & Engineering Computing minor
- Must have a minimum of 48 credit hours remaining (not including CS 1331, additional prerequisites, and required minor coursework) in your major degree requirements, as seat availability in CS courses are limited
- Students pursuing a Mathematics major may not select the Theory minor
- Students pursuing a Computer Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering major may not select the Devices or Information Internetworks minors
- Students pursuing an Industrial Engineering major may not select Computational Data Analysis minor
The online CS minor application will be available from 12:00 am EST on Monday, August 17th through 11:59 pm EST on Friday, October 2nd.
The application includes 18 questions and may take approximately 5 – 10 minutes to successfully complete through a personal computer or portable device. When students have completed the application, they should review and save a summary of their responses. Although the application is online, students must still complete the undergraduate change of minor form which must be signed by the student and their primary major advisor. This form must be uploaded to the online application in order for the application to be considered complete. Please note, the CS minor advisor will not sign the undergraduate change of minor form until a student is accepted into the CS minor program.
Students who apply will receive an email notification explaining the status of their application no sooner than Friday, October 9th.
The online application must include a signed copy of the undergraduate change of minor form. The links below will serve as a guide through the minor application process.
**The CS minor advisor will not sign the undergraduate change of minor form until a student is officially accepted into the program. A student must submit their change of minor form to the online application without the CS minor advisor’s signature.
Please use the link below to access the CS minor application for fall 2020.
The CS minor interest meeting survey will be available from 12:00 am EST on Monday, August 17th through 11:00 am EST on Thursday, October 1st.
The interest meeting dates are listed below:
- Tuesday, August 25th
- Thursday, August 27th
- Tuesday, September 1st
- Tuesday, September 8th
- Tuesday, September 15th
- Thursday, September 24th
- Tuesday, September 29th
- Friday, October 2nd
All fall 2020 CS minor interest meetings are optional and will be held via BlueJeans Events, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm EST. Students may sign up for an interest meeting up to 24 hours prior to the day and time that meeting is scheduled to take place. For example, if a student plans to attend an interest meeting on Tuesday, August 25th at 11:00 am, they will have until 11:00 am on Monday, August 24th to sign up.
Once a student signs up for a meeting, they will receive an invitation to attend this virtual event up to 12 hours prior to that event time.