Declaration of a Minor - Policies and Eligibility:
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must have successfully completed CS 1301 or CS 1315 or CS 1371 with a grade of “B” or higher
- Must have successfully completed CS 1331 with a grade of “B” or higher
- Must have a minimum of 48 credit hours remaining (not including CS 1331 and required minor coursework) in your major degree requirements, as seat availability in CS courses is limited
- A student with a Discrete Math major may not select the Theory thread, ECE students may not select Information Internetworks nor the Devices thread, and Industrial Engineering majors may not select Computational Data Analysis
The CS minor application is now online for the second semester! This application includes 17 questions and may take approximately 5-10 minutes to successfully complete through a personal computer or portable device. Although the application is online, students must still complete the undergraduate change of minor form which must be signed by the student and primary major advisor. This form must be uploaded to the online application. Please note, the CS minor advisor will not sign the undergraduate change of minor form until a student is accepted into the CS minor program.
The CS minor application will be available from 12:00 am on Monday, January 7th through 11:59 pm on Friday, March 1st. Students who apply will receive an email notification no sooner than Tuesday, March 12th explaining the status of their application.
Spring 2019 interest meetings will be held at 11:00 am - 11:45 am in Klaus, classroom 1447.