President Ángel Cabrera has named a search advisory committee in an international search for Georgia Tech’s next provost and executive vice president for Academic Affairs. The search follows the announcement that Provost Rafael L. Bras intends to step down on Sept. 1 and return to the faculty.
Two town halls are scheduled for students, faculty, and staff to hear about the search process and provide feedback on the candidate considerations:The 18-member advisory search committee is comprised of faculty and staff, as well as students from the undergraduate and graduate student government associations. The committee will be co-chaired by Charles Isbell, dean of the College of Computing, and Susan Lozier, dean of the College of Sciences.
- Monday, March 9, at 4 p.m. in Clough Undergraduate Learning Commons, Room 144
- Tuesday, March 10, at 4 p.m. in the Global Learning Center, Room 235
Additional town halls are planned for later in the semester as the search progresses.
The full search committee includes:
- Charles Isbell (co-chair), Dean of the College of Computing and John P. Imlay Jr. Chair
- Susan Lozier (co-chair), Dean of the College of Sciences and Betsy Middleton and John Clark Sutherland Chair
- Sinet Adous, Student Government Association Vice President of External Affairs, International Affairs Student
- Nisha Botchwey, Associate Professor, City of Regional Planning and Associate Dean for Academic Programs, Georgia Tech Professional Education
- Tristan Denley, Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Chief Academic Officer, University System of Georgia
- Ameet Doshi, Director, Service Experience and Program Design and Subject Librarian for the School of Public Policy and Law, Libraries
- Kelly L. Fox, Executive Vice President for Administration and Finance
- David Joyner, Associate Director of Student Experience and Senior Research Associate, College of Computing
- Andrés García, Executive Director, Parker H. Petit Institute for Bioengineering and Bioscience; Regents Professor, George W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering
- Raquel Lieberman, Professor, School of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Margaret Loper, Associate Director of the Trust, Institute for Information Security and Privacy, and Chief Scientist of the Georgia Tech Research Institute
- Frank Neville, Chief of Staff and Senior Vice President of Strategic Initiatives, Office of the President
- Reta Pikowsky, Associate Vice Provost and Registrar, Enrollment Management
- Nancy Sandlin, Director of Development, H. Milton Stewart School of Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Narayan Shirolkar, Student Government Association Graduate President, MSE Ph.D. Student
- John Stein, Vice President for Student Life and Brandt-Fritz Dean of Students Chair
- Laura Taylor, Professor and Chair of the School of Economics
- L. Beril Toktay, Professor and Brady Family Chair in Management; ADVANCE Professor; Faculty Director, Ray C. Anderson Center for Sustainable Business
- Jennifer Herazy (ex-officio), Chief Administrative Officer for Academics and Research
Georgia Tech will be assisted by Jackie Zavitz, Ellen Landers, and Kaley Palanjian of Heidrick & Struggles. Nominations and applications should be directed to GTProvost@heidrick.com.
Once finalized, an application link will be provided, as well as a search timeline and ongoing updates, via a forthcoming search site.