I am an assistant professor in the School of Interactive Computing at Georgia Tech, also affiliated with the Machine Learning Center (ML@GT) at Georgia Tech. I am broadly interested in Computational Social Science, Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning. My research goal is to better understand human communication and build intelligent systems to support human-human and human-computer interaction, especially in the domain of health and social media.
Prospective students: We are always looking for strong students to join our lab. If you are interested in working with me, please apply to our PhD program here.
- Assistant Professor, the School of Interactive Computing at Georgia Tech, 2019.8 - Present
- Post-doc, Google AI (NYC), 2019.3 - 2019.7
- ICWSM Best Reviewer, 2019
- SIGCHI Best Paper Honorable Mention, 2019
- Facebook PhD Fellowship, 2017-2019
- Rising Star in EECS, Stanford, 2017
- Carnegie Mellon Presidential Fellowship, 2016
- ICWSM Best Paper Honorable Mention, 2016
- EMNLP Inaugural Notable Data Set Award, 2015
- Google Anita Borg Scholarship, 2012
- Champion in KDD Cup 2012, Track 1 (Team ACMClass@SJTU), 2012