I'm a third year PhD student in the CS/ACO program at Georgia Tech. I got my B.S. at Yale and my M.S.E. at Princeton. My advisor is Jake Abernethy.
My primary research interests are in algorithm design and machine learning.
- L1 Regression using Lewis Weights Preconditioning David Durfee, Kevin A. Lai, Saurabh Sawlani. (in submission)
- Agnostic Estimation of Mean and Covariance Kevin A. Lai, Anup B. Rao, Santosh Vempala. Foundations of Computer Science (FOCS) 2016.
- Label Optimal Regret Bounds for Online Local Learning Pranjal Awasthi, Moses Charikar, Kevin A. Lai, Andrej Risteski. Conference on Learning Theory (COLT) 2015.
- Amortized Rotation Cost in AVL Trees Mahdi Amani, Kevin A. Lai, and Robert E. Tarjan. Information Processing Letters, Volume 116, Issue 5, May 2016, Pages 327-330, ISSN 0020-0190, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ipl.2015.12.009.
- Label Optimal Regret Bounds for Online Local Learning Master's thesis. 2015.
kevinlai at gatech dot edu
Klaus Advanced Computing Building, Room 2124
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA 30332