Note to prospective interns and students
I am looking for interns and students interested in working on Creative AI. There are currently no other openings in my lab.
If you are interested in Creative AI, please continue reading.
This may sound a bit excessive to some. But I get a lot of emails, many of which are very similar to each other. This is an attempt to extract some useful signal from your email so your effort in writing to me is not entirely wasted.
What I look for in a student
- good verbal communication (for daily interaction)
- good written communication (for daily interaction)
- clarity of thought / systematic thinking
- attention to detail
- reliability / accountability
- good coding skills
- good Theory of Mind
- good professional writing skills (e.g., able to write a reasonable abstract or a paper draft)
If you believe you have all of the above, are interested in Creative AI, and are interested in working with me, please send me an email in the following format. Please keep your email as succinct as possible.
- Subject: [position] [time], where [position] = MS, Ph.D., intern, etc., [time] = Fall 20xx, Spring 20xx, May-December 20xx, etc.
- 2-3 sentence description (total <100 words) of any past experience in Creative AI or art
- 2-3 sentence description (total <100 words) of topics in Creative AI that you are interested in working on going forward
- Link to your github page
- Links to any of your code repositories that you believe are significant and done well
- Links to sample outputs / pieces of any of your past Creative AI or art projects
- Link to your webpage
- Link to your CV
- List three highlights from your personal or professional background – past experiences, projects, GPA, past institution, past mentors/advisors – anything you believe I should make sure I don’t miss.
- What do you believe is your biggest strength? What percentile would you place yourself at in this regard amongst your peers?
- What do you believe is your biggest weakness? What percentile would you place yourself at in this regard amongst your peers?
- In what way have you improved the most in the last year? How?
- Along what weakness have you not improved but you think that’s fine / is low priority, and why?
If I see a good potential match, I will follow up with further details about the interview process.
Thank you for your interest!