[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Handwriting Recognition

In <45tufn$5tk@dsm6.dsmnet.com>, thom.ted@mhs-pfg1.attmail.com writes:
>I am looking for the best handwriting recognition system for an IBM ThinkPad 360PE running Windows for Pen Computing.
>Does anyone have any suggestions?  I am currently using CIC's (Communication Intelligence Corporation) Handwriter Recognition
>System.  It seems to be far superior then IBM's ThinkWrite.
>
>Thanks,
>Ted
>thoms.ted@mhs-pfg1.attmail.com
Have you trained the ThinkWrite engine.  Having worked with both recognizers,
CIC has better walk up and use, but with training and dictionary support, ThinkWrite
is better with repeated use.  So for a personal machine, I would stick with ThinkWrite
and train it; and use CIC for a group machine.

Phil Doragh
Former Pen for OS/2 and Pen for Warp developer