B.S./M.S. Program in Computer Science
Each year, a limited number of highly-qualified students can enroll in our joint B.S./M.S. in Computer Science program. This joint-degree program not only reduces the time to an M.S. degree, but also the cost.
- The applicant must be a current and continuing BSCS student at Georgia Tech. Students are not eligible to apply during their BSCS graduating term.
- The applicant must have earned 60 credits and have a minimum GPA of 3.4.
- The applicant must complete the BSMS Program Application
- Effective for Spring 2021 applicants and beyond, the applicant must request TWO letters of recommendation. One MUST be from a Georgia Tech College of Computing faculty member which attests to the applicant’s potential to do graduate work. The second letter can be from ANY Georgia Tech faculty member.
- Applicants need not submit GRE scores if they meet the requirements above.
- Please be aware that a personal statement of purpose is part of the online application.
- Applications to the B.S./M.S. program are due prior to the withdrawal deadline of the semester before the student wishes to take their first graduate course. Applications for spring are due by the drop day of the fall semester; applications for Spring 2022 are due October 30, 2021 at 11:59PM EST.
- Note: This deadline only applies to B.S./M.S. program applications.
B.S./M.S. Program of Study Requirements:
- The student agrees to maintain full-time student status until completion of the M.S. program.
- The student must meet all existing MSCS degree requirements (e.g., minimum 3.0 GPA to graduate).
- Complete the BSMS Program Application- GT Credentials required to login
- Send this link to your two recommending faculty members via email-
Note on enrollment in graduate classes:
- Even after acceptance into the B.S./M.S. program, undergraduates must work with their undergraduate advisor to get the appropriate waiver to enroll in graduate classes.
- Undergraduate students must work with their undergraduate advisor for the BSCS portion of their program and graduate advisors for the MSCS portion of their program.
For more detailed information about the MSCS portion of the program, please click here.