B.S./M.S. Program in Computer Science
Each year, a limited number of highly-qualified students can enroll in our joint B.S./M.S. in Computer Science program. This joint-degree program not only reduces the time to an M.S. degree, but also the cost.
- The applicant must be a current and continuing BSCS student at Georgia Tech. Students are not eligible to apply during their BSCS graduating term.
- The applicant must have earned 60 credits and have a minimum GPA of 3.4.
- The applicant must complete the BSMS Program Application
- Effective for Spring 2021 applicants and beyond, the applicant must request TWO letters of recommendation. One MUST be from a Georgia Tech College of Computing faculty member which attests to the applicant’s potential to do graduate work. The second letter can be from ANY Georgia Tech faculty member.
- Applicants need not submit GRE scores if they meet the requirements above.
- Please be aware that a personal statement of purpose is part of the online application.
- Applications are due on the withdrawal deadline of the semester before the student wishes to begin study.
- Applications for Fall 2023 are due by the withdrawal deadline of Spring 2023; applications for Fall 2023 are due March 15, 2023 at 11:59PM EDT.
- Note: This deadline only applies to B.S./M.S. program applications.
B.S./M.S. Program of Study Requirements:
- The student agrees to maintain full-time student status until completion of the M.S. program.
- The student must meet all existing MSCS degree requirements (e.g., minimum 3.0 GPA to graduate).
- Complete the BSMS Program Application- GT Credentials required to login
- Select the correct term that you plan to begin the MSCS program.
- Select "Computer Science-On Campus" for Program and "BS/MS" for Degree Level.
B.S./M.S. Frequently Asked Questions
Watch Spring 2023 BSMS Info Session
Note on enrollment in graduate classes:
- After acceptance into the B.S./M.S. program, students will work with the BSMS advisor to get the appropriate permits to enroll in graduate classes.
For more detailed information about the MSCS portion of the program, please click here.