Board Member, Technology Consultant, and Retired Sr. Corporate Executive
Robert L. Dixon has over a 40-year career influenced the direction of two of the world’s most iconic organizations. As the longest tenured Chief Information Officer (CIO) in PepsiCo’s 50+ years of operation, he led the global function that delivered all information technology and information risk management solutions worldwide. He assumed the CIO and Business Transformation role for almost 9 years from 2007-2016. Prior to joining PepsiCo, Robert was a 30-year veteran with Procter & Gamble and concluded as Vice President in the Global Business Services Organization. Critical experiences gained throughout his career include leading digital transformations, IT, Engineering, Supply Chain, Brand Management and International.
Robert serves on the Board of Directors for Anthem, Inc. [ANTM] – a health benefits company, Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. [BBW] – a make-your-own stuffed animal retail experience, and he Chairs Build-A-Bear Nominating/Governance; Okta, Inc [OKTA] - an independent provider of identity management for the enterprise and Gilbane, Inc - a private, family-owned building and real estate development company. He’s an active leader in Business, Academic and Civic communities; serving on Advisory Boards, Industry Groups and as Trustee of his Alma Matter – The Georgia Institute of Technology. He’s received numerous recognitions for his contributions, including:
- Joseph Mayo Petit Distinguished Service Award, Georgia Institute of Technology – Feb 2022
- Inspire CIO, Dallas Leadership Award – February 2022
- Information Technology Senior Management Forum, Fellow – August 2020
- College of Engineering Hall of Fame, Georgia Institute of Technology – April 2017
- Most Influential Corporate Directors, Savoy Magazine – 2021, 2016
- CIO Top Ten Breakaway Leader, Evanta – 2015
- Top 100 CIO/CTO Leader, STEMconnector – 2015
- Transformational CIO, HMG Strategy, L.L.C. – 2012
- Distinguished Engineering Alumni, Georgia Institute of Technology – 2002
Robert founded The RD Factor, Inc; a digital business and IT consulting firm in 2016.
Robert and his wife, Sheree, now live in Atlanta, Georgia.