Computer Science Minor Eligibility, FAQs, Info Session & Online Application
Policies and Eligibility:
- Must be in good academic standing (Student is not on academic warning or probation; is maintaining satisfactory academic progress.)
- Must have successfully completed CS 1301 or CS 1315 or CS 1371 with a grade of “B” or higher
- Must have successfully completed CS 1331 with a grade of “B” or higher
- Must have successfully completed mathematics through Calculus III (MATH 2550 or 2551) if applying for the Computational Data Analysis minor
- Must have successfully completed mathematics through Differential Equations (MATH 2552) if applying for the Scientific and Engineering Computing minor
- Must have a minimum of 48 credit hours remaining (not including minor prerequisites or current courses in progress) in your major degree requirements, as seat availability in CS courses are limited
- Students pursuing a Mathematics major may not select the Theory minor
- Students pursuing a Computer Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering major may not select the Devices or Information Internetworks minors
- Students pursuing an Industrial Engineering major may not select Computational Data Analysis minor
- Students pursuing a Computer Engineering major (catalog year 2021-2022 and later) may not select any CS minor
CS Minor Info Session:
Video Link will be available by 8/25/23
The CS minor advisors will also host LIVE Q&A sessions that will give students the opportunity to receive answers from CS minor advisors in real time. CS minor advisors are available to prospective students via email ONLY. CS minor advisors are available for meetings with accepted and declared CS minor students.
Students must register for a session in advance of attendance. Once registered, a meeting link will be provided.
Thursday, August 31, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm EDT https://tinyurl.com/2av323ze
Thursday, September 14, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm EDT https://tinyurl.com/3swsp7wd
Friday, September 29, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm EDT https://tinyurl.com/5b3meprr
CS Minor Application Information:
The online CS minor application for FALL 2023 is open from August 21st - September 29th, 2023 by 11:59 PM (6 weeks)
The application includes 19 – 21 questions (depending on the minor selection) and may take approximately 5 – 10 minutes to successfully complete through a personal computer or portable device. When students have completed the application, they should review and save a summary of their responses.
No applications will be reviewed until the deadline passes and the review period begins
Students who submit a completed application will receive an email notification explaining the status of their application no sooner than October 13th, 2023.
NO late applications accepted. Deadline for all CS minor applications is September 29th, 2023 by 11:59 PM EDT.