Computer Science Minor Interest Meeting & Online Application - Information and Registration
Policies and Eligibility:
- Must be in good academic standing (Student is not on academic warning or probation; is maintaining satisfactory academic progress.)
- Must have successfully completed CS 1301 or CS 1315 or CS 1371 with a grade of “B” or higher
- Must have successfully completed CS 1331 with a grade of “B” or higher
- Must have successfully completed mathematics through Calculus III if applying for the Computational Data Analysis minor
- Must have successfully completed mathematics through Differential Equations if applying for the Scientific and Engineering Computing minor
- Must have a minimum of 48 credit hours remaining (not including minor prerequisites and required coursework) in your major degree requirements, as seat availability in CS courses are limited
- Students pursuing a Mathematics major may not select the Theory minor
- Students pursuing a Computer Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering major may not select the Devices or Information Internetworks minors
- Students pursuing an Industrial Engineering major may not select Computational Data Analysis minor
- Students pursuing a Computer Engineering major (catalog year 2021-2022 and later) may not select any CS minor
CS Minor FAQs
CS Minor Application Information:
The online CS minor application for the Spring 2023 will be available from 12:00 am EST on Monday, January 9th through 11:59 pm EST on Friday, February 4th. No late applications are accepted. The next application window will be in the Fall 2023 term.
The application includes 19 – 21 questions (depending on the minor selection) and may take approximately 5 – 10 minutes to successfully complete through a personal computer or portable device. When students have completed the application, they should review and save a summary of their responses.
Students who submit a completed application will receive an email notification explaining the status of their application no sooner than 11:59 PM EST on Tuesday, March 14th.
SPRING 2023 application CLOSED
CS Minor Interest Meeting Information:
All sessions for the Spring 2023 term are listed below:
- Thursday, January 12th (CLOSED)
- Thursday, January 19th (CLOSED)
- Tuesday, January 24th (CLOSED)
- Tuesday, January 31st (CLOSED)
- Thursday, February 16th (CLOSED)
- Thursday, February 23rd (CLOSED)
All CS minor interest meetings are optional but strongly encouraged. All meetings will be held via Microsoft Teams, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm EDT.
Students may sign up for an interest meeting up to 24 hours prior to when it is scheduled to take place. Once a student signs up for a meeting, they will receive a calendar invitation to attend this virtual event up to 12 hours prior to that event time.
Contact - Minors Advisor
Ashley McDowell Last names A-L
Ishmela Lyons-Uko Last names M-Z