Each year, a limited number of highly-qualified students can enroll in our joint B.S./M.S. in Computer Science program, which awards both degrees in five years. This joint-degree program not only reduces the time to an M.S. degree, but also the cost.
This program will completely replace our Fast Track master’s admissions program as of Spring 2020.
- The applicant must have earned 60 credits and have a minimum GPA of 3.4.
- The applicant must complete the standard online Georgia tech application for admission to graduate school, although the fee will be waived.
- The applicant must submit one letter of recommendation from a Georgia Tech College of Computing faculty member which attests to the applicant’s potential to do graduate work. Enter “BS/MS” on the two additional required lines under “Letters of Recommendation.”
- Applicants need not submit GRE scores if they meet the requirements above.
- Please be aware that a personal statement of purpose is part of the online application.
- Applications to the B.S./M.S. program are due prior to the drop day of the semester before the student wishes to take their first graduate course. Applications for Spring are due by the drop day of the fall semester; applications for fall are due by the drop day of the spring term.
- Note: These deadlines only apply to Fast-Track and B.S./M.S. program applications.
B.S./M.S. Program of Study Requirements:
- The student agrees to maintain full-time student status until completion of the M.S. program.
- The student must meet all existing MSCS degree requirements (e.g., minimum 3.0 GPA to graduate).
Note on enrollment in graduate classes:
- Even after accepted into the B.S./M.S. program, undergraduates must work with their adviser to get the appropriate waiver to enroll in graduate classes.