Spring Career Fair
Q: What is the timeline for the January, 31st in-person Career Fair?
- 8 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.: Company registration/Set-up/*Breakfast
- 9:30 a.m.: Career Fair Begins!
- 12 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.: *Lunch
- 3:30 p.m.: Career Fair Ends
- 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.: Booth Breakdown
- *Breakfast, lunch and the afternoon snack will be provided in the company lounge, which will be located on the second floor landing above the Callaway Club. The Career Fair will continue through lunch service.
Q: What time should I arrive at the in-person Career Fair?
- You should arrive between 8-8:30 AM through the Louise and Leo Benetar Entrance on the east side of the building off the parking lot. Please factor in individual recruiter registration, setting up your booth, and eating breakfast in your arrival time. Registration opens at 8 AM.
Q: Is there wireless access in the building?
- Yes, please connect to Tech's free wifi under 'GT visitor'. You should be taken to a landing page in order to connect.
Q: Will electrical outlets be available?
- Electrical outlets and power strips are available by request but are limited in quantity. Please request only if you really need it. The request must be emailed to email@example.com by January 13th, 2023 in order to be considered.
Q: How do I book interview rooms and/or information sessions before or after the fair?
- To reserve an information session, please go to the Bill Moore Student Success Center Website and click on the Reserve a Room link. To book interview rooms, please go to the CareerBuzz page and follow the directions for employers. If you already have a CareerBuzz account, once you log in, on your CareerBuzz homepage, click on the Create a New Schedule Request link.
- For questions about On-Campus Recruiting please call 404-894-3320 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Corporate Affiliate Partners, please contact Alyshia Jackson at Ajackson@cc.gatech.edu for interview space reservations
Q: I will need access to a lactation room while I am on campus, who will I arrange that through?
- Please contact our Event Management Team at email@example.com.
Q: Who will be available to help me during the Career Fair?
- The College of Computing will have both its staff and student workers spaced around McCamish, so feel free to ask them for assistance, including carrying supplies to your booth! Our workers will be wearing College of Computing shirts for easy identification.
Q: Who can I contact during or before the Career Fair if I have further questions?
- Please direct all inquiries to our Event Management Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping and Returns FAQ
Q: I have swag and materials I want to bring to the Fair that need shipping. Where do send them to?
- When shipping your materials please clearly label your packages with your company name and "College of Computing Career Fair" to help identify your materials upon arrival. Shipping labels are attached in this email. The College of Computing uses an outside vendor, Cherry Convention Services. DO NOT ship packages to the College directly. All materials must be delivered to Cherry Convention no later than Monday, January 23, 2023 at the following address:
- Cherry Convention
- 3866 Oakcliff Industrial Court Doraville, GA 30340
- ATTN: College of Computing Career Fair, Georgia Tech
- C/O: [Company/Your Day at the Career Fair]
- PLEASE NOTE: All display materials must arrive at Cherry Convention Services no later than Monday, January 23, 2023. Packages received after Monday, January 23, 2023 will incur a $250.00 late fee. Packages received after Wednesday, January 25th, 2023 are not guaranteed to be delivered. No freight will be accepted on Saturday or Sunday.
Q: What should I do for shipment returns?
- Please be sure to consult with your company's shipping department for return labels for your packages. It will be the responsibility of each company to contact their respective carrier ( if not FedEx or UPS ground) at the end of the day to pick up items that need to be shipped. Packages need to be picked up no later than 5:30 PM from McCamish Pavilion- 965 Fowler St NW, Atlanta, GA 30318
- Carrier Phone numbers:
- FedEx: 1-800- GOFEDEX
- UPS: 1-800- PICKUPS
Parking, Directions, and Lodging FAQ
Q: Where should I park?
- Fair representatives should park at the McCamish Pavilion Lot (Event Lot E65) beside McCamish Pavilion with an entrance to the lot located off of 8th Street NW. HERE is a map to assist with parking locations (McCamish Lot is listed as E65).
- Parking for one vehicle per company is included in your registration fee; please notify the parking attendant at the entrance which Company you are with to gain access to the lot. Overflow parking can be found in any visitor lots located on the map above, the closest would be the visitor deck, lot W23, on State and 10th Street. It is recommended that attendees carpool.
- If you park in overflow parking on 10th and State, proceed east on 10th until you run into McCamish at 10th and Fowler. You will continue past the main entrance and go to the left of the building through the E65 parking lot to the the Louise and Leo Benatar Entrance. Company registration will be located just inside those doors.
Q: Is there a place I can drop off my materials or swag before I park?
- If there is no parking available in Lot E65 please tell the attendant that you need to drop off your materials prior to finding alternative parking. There will be volunteers at the entrance to assist with package drop off while you park.
Q: Where should we enter McCamish?
- Please enter through the East entrance located off of the main arena parking lot (Lot E65), this is the Louise and Leo Benatar Entrance. Company registration will be located just inside those doors.
Q: How can I get to the Career Fair via car?
- Directions for I-75 Southbound: Take I-75 South towards Atlanta. Take Exit 250 and continue to 10th Street. Turn Right on 10th Street. Turn left at the first stop light (Fowler St). Turn left on 8th street to enter lot.
- Directions for I-85 Southbound: Take I-85 South towards Atlanta. Take Exit 84 and continue to 10th Street. Turn Right on 10th Street. Turn left at the first stop light (Fowler St). Turn left on 8th street to enter lot.
- Directions for I-20 East and West: Take I-20 Towards Atlanta. Merge on to I 75/85 Northbound (downtown connector). Take Exit 250 to 10th Street. Turn left on 10th Street. Turn left at the 2nd stoplight (Fowler St). Turn left on 8th street to enter lot.
- Directions for I 75 and 85 Northbound: Take I 75/85 Northbound towards Atlanta. Take Exit 250 to 10th Street. Turn left on 10th Street. Turn left at the 2nd stoplight (Fowler St). Turn left on 8th street to enter lot.
Q: How can I get to McCamish from the Midtown MARTA station?
- From the main station exit, turn left on 10th Street and cross over the interstate. Or if exiting via the Federal Reserve exit, turn right on 10th. Walking time is about 5-10 minutes.
- Only the red and gold lines go to the Midtown station
Q: Where are some nearby hotels if I choose to stay overnight?
- Here is a list of hotels in the Midtown area you can stay at if you plan to be here for multiple days
EVENTS BY SCHOOL & CENTER
School of Computational Science and Engineering
School of Interactive Computing
School of Cybersecurity and Privacy
Algorithms and Randomness Center (ARC)
Center for 21st Century Universities (C21U)
Center for Deliberate Innovation (CDI)
Center for Experimental Research in Computer Systems (CERCS)
Center for Research into Novel Computing Hierarchies (CRNCH)
Constellations Center for Equity in Computing
Institute for People and Technology (IPAT)
Institute for Robotics and Intelligent Machines (IRIM)
Institute for Data Engineering and Science (IDEaS)